ART OF FOOTBALL HEROES PUKKA’S FOOTBALL HERITAGE WITH THE LAUNCH OF NEW LIMITED EDITION TERRACE FASHION RANGE
Leading fashion collective, Art of Football is paying homage to Pukka The nation’s number one pie brand and football favourite, through the launch of an exclusive terrace fashion collaboration.
Inspired by the iconic pie brand’s longstanding association with football and created by sports fashion visionaries, Art of Football, the collection signals both the nostalgia of the game and iconicity of Pukka at the heart of it.
The 400-piece exclusive collection includes an iconic football shirt, designed to throwback to the 1970s when Pukka first entered football stadiums, and a 1990s inspired drill top design which features the historic Pukka Pies logo on the front and the brand's classic advertising slogan ‘Don’t Compromise’ on the back.
A collection of caps featuring the names of all the pies available at football grounds around the country and an exclusive t-shirt design will also be available as part of the collaboration.
Pukka first supplied its pies to football fans in Rotherham back in 1976. Since then, it has established itself as the halftime pie of choice for millions of people as the UK’s #1 pie at home and at the match, becoming a key part of the fabric of the game, with Pukka pies being enjoyed in over 40 clubs nationwide.
The launch comes as Pukka unveils its ongoing commitment to celebrating and rewarding the warmth in football, through its new initiative, Pukka Athletic, in which the brand is set to champion the people and clubs that make a difference to grassroots football.
Isaac Fisher, Managing Director at Pukka, said: “Pukka and football go hand in hand, with millions of fans enjoying a Pukka halftime pie at football matches around the country. The range created with Art of Football captures all this history and heritage, as well as our future commitment to the game.
“We’re honoured to partner with Art of Football on this love letter to the game – their work with major brands supporting football, including Pepsi, McDonald’s and Budweiser has been hugely inspiring, so we’re excited to see this come to life for Pukka and celebrate our longstanding association with football.
“Proceeds from sales of the range will help to support the brilliant work of so many clubs, communities, and individuals across the country.”
The Pukka x Art of Football range launches Friday 15 September, and is available to purchase on the Art of Football website. More information on Pukka Athletic can be found by visiting www.pukkaathletic.com or by following Pukka on social media.
Notes to editors:
- Founded by Trevor and Valerie Storer in Leicestershire in 1963, Pukka – the nation’s favourite pie brand – is a family-run bakery with a passion for pies and savoury pastries.
- Available in supermarkets, fish and chip shops, stadia, pubs and cafes, Pukka makes and bakes tasty and award-winning meat, vegetarian and vegan chilled and frozen pies.
- Pukka’s savoury pastry range extends beyond pies for people who deserve full-on flavour at home or on-the-go. Rich and tasty, sausage rolls, slices and pasties can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere – hot or cold.
- Employing over 375 people local to the Leicestershire area – just a stone’s throw away from where the Storers baked their first pie – Pukka takes pride in feeding the nation and always doing the right thing for its people, bakery, brand, and environment.
Pukka x Art of Football range and price details:
- Hero Football Jersey, £50
- Drill Top, £50
- Baseball Caps, £22
- Football Pie design t-shirt, £30
About Pukka Athletic:
Pukka Athletic is a new platform from Pukka which aims to celebrate the warmth in football, with a focus on the grassroots level of the game. The campaign will champion the people and clubs that make a difference.
Pukka has had sustainability at the forefront of thinking in the development of this new range, in particular with regards to fast fashion. Items in the range are being produced in small quantities with a number being made to order. Pukka also chose Art of Football as a partner based on the brand's commitment to creating sustainable fashion, including its unique approach to reworking old football garments.